No Snow? No Problem!
We know, we know…You booked your winter holiday in the Blue Mountains/Collingwood area expecting snow! This is only the 2nd time in 28 years the hill hasn’t been open by now, so you were reasonable to assume. We’re here to calm your worries, and share 10 fun activities in the area this holiday which don’t depend on snow.
1. Blue Mountain Resort is so much more than a ski hill! They’re re-opening their Woodlot ropes course, Cascade mini putt course, Wind Rider Triple Zip lines, and the climbing wall for Christmas break!
2. Scandinave Spa is open every day except Xmas! They are very busy during the holidays, but you can try your luck at lining up for the baths in the morning!
3. We at Georgian Hills are open 11am – 5pm with daily tours and tastings available during the break. We’re only closed December 25th, 26th, and January 1st.
4. Follow the Saints & Sinners Trail:
Our friends at the Beaver Valley Cidery are open Thursday – Sunday before they close for the season on December 31st! Head for a scenic drive to Coffin Ridge Boutique Winery and try their limited edition Cranberry Cider. The Collingwood Brewery also has updated Holiday Hours at their retail store and tap room for your visiting pleasure!
5. Coming with the kids? Meaford Hall has Cinderella – A Christmas Pantomime this weekend, which sounds like fun for the whole family.
6. Grandma Lambe’s is a great orchard market, with some of the best baking you’ve ever tasted!
7. If you’re looking for a meal, you won’t be disappointed. We’ve got world-class restaurants and chefs in our little community. Whether you stop at The Mill, Sisi’s, Azzura, Northwind’s Brewhouse, or another great local restaurant you won’t be disappointed.
8. For the outdoorsy types, Free Spirit Tours has winter packages available, which they can modify for our no-snow circumstances.
9. Same goes for the tours available from Summerbound.
10. Finally, in addition to caving (which is so fun for little AND big kids!) Scenic Caves has fantastic hiking, with gorgeous views over the bay, and a fun trek over the longest suspension bridge in Southern Ontario!
We hope this helps you plan your visit to South Georgian Bay this holiday season! Hope to see you over the next few weeks here at Georgian Hills!